The UPD is pleased to announce the launch of the Rave Guardian mobile phone app to enhance campus safety through real-time interactive features that create a virtual safety network of friends, family and the UPD.
Features in the mobile app include:
- Panic Button: direct immediate connection to campus police with GPS location and personal information that you as the user enter in your profile.
- Tip Texting: enables anonymous, 2-way, crime tip reporting through text and images.
- Personal Guardians and Safety Timer: Students should set UPD as an automatic "Guardian" along with friends, roommates, and/or family when setting their Rave Guardian Safety Timer. During a timer session, Guardians and/or UPD can check the status of the student. If the Safety Timer is not deactivated before it expires, the person selected as a "Guardian" is automatically provided with the user's Rave Guardian profile to proactively identify and check in on the individual.
- Safety Profile - Student-created Safety Profiles contain information such as residence details and medical conditions. When a student requires assistance (on- or off-campus), student Safety Profiles are displayed to UPD and Smart911 enabled 9-1-1 centers nationwide.
Once students, faculty, or staff download the Rave Guardian mobile phone app to their smart phone and connect with UPD using that smart phone, the app delivers a complete caller profile that the user enters information in. Such information includes current location, medical conditions, course schedule, addresses, photo, and other critical data. Again, the user must enter all of the information into their profile for UPD to see it. The personnel at UPD cannot see any information contained in your profile until you, the user, call our dispatch office.
- Seamlessly fits into the always-on, mobile lifestyle of today's students.
- Free to ALL students, faculty, and staff.
- Enhances student safety with a virtual safety network of friends, family and UPD.
- Improves sense of security by providing immediate connection to trusted resources.
- Gives parents a tangible indicator of the university's commitment to their student's safety.
Faculty, staff, and students can download the Rave Guardian mobile phone app for either iPhone or Android phones by selecting the Rave Guardian app in the appropriate app store. To create your personal profile, you must enter your SFA-issued email address for the profile setup. Download instructions for installing and setting up your Rave Guardian app.