Get involved. Give back. Stand out.
At SFA’s College of Liberal and Applied Arts, you’ll have the opportunity to do more than listen to lectures and read textbooks. You can become involved in research projects, community service and internships. These experiences connect what you learn in the classroom with real-life use of your skills. You not only learn, but also do.
These hands-on learning experiences make you stand out in a competitive job market. Future employers and graduate schools will have confidence that you are qualified because you have already proven yourself on a practical level.
Here are just a few of the hands-on experiences available to liberal arts students at SFA:
- Enroll in the Applied Skills Internship where you work on a real-world business problem under the direction of a high-level executive.
- Participate in a community outreach project through the School of Social Work’s Center for Rural Studies.
- Assist professors on an archaeological dig, a resource survey or a mapping project at the Center for Regional Heritage Research.
- Apply for unique field training and internships with the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services through SFA’s Child Welfare Project.
- Collaborate and network with professional historians and researchers by joining the East Texas Historical Association.