HUMID is SFA’s student-produced undergraduate literary magazine. Published annually, HUMID showcases works of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, drama, art and photography.
We don’t subscribe to one particular aesthetic or style, and we don’t subscribe to a single definition or set of rules about what is or isn’t considered “art.” If you’re a current SFA undergrad, we’d love to read what you’ve created – and if we like it, we’ll publish it!
Submit your work
Interested in submitting your work? Here’s what you need to know.
HUMID is published annually, and we will announce reading periods online and post announcements throughout buildings on campus. If we select your work for publication, we’ll let you know within two weeks.
Submission rules and guidelines
You can submit your work by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name and the genre of your work in the subject line of your email (example: Hemingway Fiction Submission). Your submission must be attached as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).
Your email must include a cover letter that includes:
- Your full name
- Your year in school (freshman, sophomore, etc.)
- The title of your submission(s)
To be considered for publication in HUMID, all work must meet the following guidelines:
- Fiction and nonfiction works must be double-spaced and no longer than 5,000 words.
- You can submit two or three pieces of flash fiction or nonfiction, as long as the total word count is under 5,000.
- You can submit up to three poems in a single document. All poems should be single-spaced.
- Art or photography submissions must be submitted in JPEG or PDF format and must be 300 dpi. Please send your cover letter and artwork in one attachment.
- Your name should not appear anywhere on your submission.
- If you want to submit multiple genres, please send each work as a separate submission.