The Campus Recreation team is looking for new student staff members every semester! Our student staff members have the opportunity to gain job and leadership skills and develop professionally.
There are numerous student positions available within Facilities and Member Services, Fitness and Wellness, Aquatics and Safety, Administration, Outdoor Pursuits, Competitive Sports, Promotions and Camps. Explore descriptions of our student positions to find your fit.
Our job fair is held twice a year in the Student Recreation Center as we begin hiring for the upcoming semester. We encourage you to apply in advance online and schedule an interview time. You'll want to arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled interview time.
Walk-in candidates should bring a hard copy of their résumé, application and any additional paperwork required by the program area. Remember to dress professionally.
Job Fair Dates: Spring 2023
3 to 6 p.m. Feb. 28 and March 1
Did you miss a recent job fair? You can still submit an online application! Just follow the steps below.
Ready to get started?
Read all the directions below before beginning the application process.
First, prepare the following documents:
- Campus Rec's general application form (Note: Do not right click to open in a new tab. This PDF will automatically download to your device. The form will not retain your responses if completed within your web browser.)
- Additional paperwork specific to program area, if applicable:
Next, apply online:
- Log in to your Handshake account using your mySFA credentials.
- New account? Consider taking a moment to set up your profile!
- Search "Campus Recreation Student Employee".
- Click "Apply".
- Complete your application and upload your documents.
Take the first step into your career. Gain professional, hands-on experience through a variety of opportunities. You can develop marketing strategies for programs, services and activities; exchange ideas with professionals and students; participate in projects designed to help improve and grow the SFA community; take part in professional meetings and committees; and formally evaluate and assess programs, events and services.
To be a candidate for an internship or practicum with Campus Rec, you must:
- have at least 30 credit hours and be in good academic standing with the university
- be gaining academic credit for internship/practicum hours
- have approval from the appropriate academic department
- complete and submit an internship/practicum application (including supplemental questions), résumé and cover letter
- and interview with the Campus Rec internship/practicum committee.
Internship/practicum responsibilities and duties will be completed in the Student Recreation Center, Campus Rec-managed facilities and across campus as applicable.