Applying for housing: A few simple steps
- Complete your residence hall application and contract (see application process below).
- Submit your $100 residence hall deposit with your completed application.
You are required to live on campus if you are under 21 or have less than 60 earned hours. To apply for permission to live off-campus, visit the off-campus living page.
Residence hall application process
After you’ve applied for admission to the university, you can apply for housing. You don’t have to wait until you’re admitted. You’ll need your mySFA username and password, which you should have received after applying for admission. Admitted students will be able to select a residence hall assignment based on the date that the residence hall application and deposit are submitted – the earlier the better! The residence hall application can be found online by following the steps below.
- Log in to your mySFA account.
- Select the Campus Life tab.
- Select Residence Life Services.
- Log in to Residence Life Services with your mySFA account information.
- Choose the correct application for your upcoming term.
- Complete your application, and submit your $100 deposit.
- Check your SFA email account for your application confirmation.
Priority benefits process
Apply early to be eligible to select your room during the Priority Benefits dates in December. First-year students who have completed the Residence Life application, paid their Residence Life deposit and are admitted by Dec. 1 will be able to select their fall housing assignment in December. All other applicants must wait until the first week of April to choose their room.
Selecting your residence hall
You will be eligible to select your room after you’ve been admitted to the university. You’ll be notified when it’s time to select your room through your SFA email account.
Explore our residence halls now to identify your top choices.