Fall 2019 welcomes the fifth annual Lumberjack Fitness Academy
Welcome to the Lumberjack Fitness Academy. This Employee Wellness program is open to full- and part-time faculty and staff for the fall 2019 semester, focusing on getting you healthier through fitness and nutrition while providing you with many of the great resources SFA has to offer.
Applications accepted: Aug. 12 to Sept. 4
Selected participants notified on: Friday, Sept. 6
Academy dates*: Sept. 11 to Dec. 7
*Refer to Schedule of Activities for specific dates
- Complete and submit the Lumberjack Fitness Academy application by Sept. 4.
- Participants will be chosen based on their commitment to follow the program and desire to gain health improvement.
- If selected for the Lumberjack Fitness Academy, you will be informed on Sept. 6.
- You will receive a free Campus Recreation membership October through December as part of the program.
Refundable Participant Fee
There is a $60 refundable fee to participate in the Lumberjack Fitness Academy that must be paid by Friday, Sept. 13. You can be reimbursed the fee or receive an extended Campus Recreation membership for the months of January and February by:
- attending one of the informational meetings once accepted
- completing a fitness pre- and post-assessment
- working out at least three times a week
- meeting with Aramark’s registered dietitian
- attending two of the three wellness seminars offered
- and completing the program post-survey.
Schedule of Activities
Complete the following activities.
Information Meeting: Campus Rec meeting room
Attend only one:
12:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 11
4:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 12
5:15 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 12
Sept. 16 to Oct. 4: Schedule and attend appointments with:
Attend two of the three wellness seminars. Located in the Campus Rec meeting room, seminars begin at 5:15 p.m.
Presentation #1: Tuesday, Oct. 8
Presentation #2: Tuesday, Oct. 15
Presentation #3: Tuesday, Nov. 12
Nov. 26 to Dec. 7: Schedule and attend appointment with a Campus Rec personal trainer for post-assessment.
Nov. 26 to Dec. 7: Complete online program survey.
Fitness Assessment and Personal Training
To evaluate your fitness level and gauge your progress at the end of the program, you are required to undergo a pre- and post-assessment completed by one of Campus Rec’s certified personal trainers. Our trainer will also guide you through a 60-minute session emphasizing the five components of fitness: cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength, muscular endurance, flexibility and body composition.
You are required to meet with Aramark’s registered dietitian to receive personalized support in developing a healthy eating plan.
As part of your membership, you must work out for at least three 30-minute sessions per week.